Kemptville & District Home Support is a charitable, non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Our Mission is to provide meaningful timely services and activities that will enhance the independent living of seniors and adults with physical disabilities within our community.
In 1981 Mrs. Rita Dinner was the driving force behind the start-up of Kemptville Community Assistance Project (KCAP). In 1983 the name changed to Kemptville and District Community Assistance Program (KDCAP) to reflect the expansion of services into a greater geographical area. In 1988 name changed to the current Kemptville And District Home Support Inc. (KDHSI). KDHSI is located in the Cheryl J. Brown Centre 215 Sanders Street, Suite 101 Kemptville, Ontario.
Financial support for KDHSI comes from a variety of sources including:
- The Champlain Local Health Integrated Network (LHIN)
- United Way Leeds & Grenville
- Community Members
- including clients, volunteers, Board of Directors and staff
- Independent Order of Oddfellows Grenville Lodge
- 'In Celebration' Donations
- Kemptville Lions Club
- Knights of Columbus
- Local Businesses
- Private Donors
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 212